I've been a licensed real estate agent and now an associate broker since 1997, selling real estate in the Venice, Florida market. As with any profession, you gain proficiency at your job with time. Since my focus is on one market, I've acquired in depth local market intelligence. Thus, my motto "Experience makes the difference" reflects the exceptional level of performance I offer my clients. One of my most important qualifications as a Realtor ® is that I am a full time Realtor, meaning I am engaged all day, every day. And I'm accessible. Following are ten very important areas where my experience pays off:
1. Determining your buying power relative to the houses available in the Venice market. This save you the frustration of falling in love with a home that is simply out of your price range.
2. Providing in depth market knowledge means knowing properties that are available, but not actively advertised. Your odds of finding the "right" home are increased with my in depth Venice market knowledge acquired over several years.
3. Providing objective information about each property, i.e. will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment and will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
4. Bringing strong negotiator skills to the transaction. There are a myriad of negotiating factors not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment. Maximizing your leverage requires an experienced realtor.
5. Providing due diligence during the evaluation of your property. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, defective drywall, asbestos, faulty structure roof condition, septic tank and well tests just to name a few. I can assist you in finding qualified, responsible and thorough professionals to do these investigations and provide you with written reports.
6. Helping you understand the different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders. Lending is the number one obstacle in homebuying today.
7. Guiding you through the closing process, making sure everything flows together to insure a smooth closing.
8. Giving sellers up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and conditions of competing properties. This will maximize the odds of selling your home at the best price, quickly with minimum hassle.
9. Marketing your property not just to the public, but to other real estate agents. I have a close working relationship with many local Realtors in the Venice area. This is very important because over 50% of real estate sales are cooperative sales meaning another real estate agent brings their buyer to your home.
10. Helping you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position. The initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing...a lot of possible pitfalls. I can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the closing process.