Venice Municipal Airport (KVNC)
The Venice Municipal Airport was deeded to the City of Venice in 1947 by the War Assets Administration. During World War II, the airport served as a training field for Service Groups, those European theater-bound soldiers who supported and maintained our Army Air Corps fighter planes. With a civilian population of roughly 700 at the time, the Venice Army Air Field is considered to have made Venice the city it is today. Literally hundreds of retired Army soldiers returned following the war to make Venice their permanent home.
Venice's modernized 835 acre General Aviation facility is now home to over 220 based aircraft, two 5,000 runways, 132 T-hangars, three restaurants, three maintenance shops, two flight schools, one Fixed Base Operator and both full service Jet A and full and self service 100 LL fuel. The field features an updated AWOS-B system and two GPS RNAV approaches. The airport is located 1.7 miles south of the downtown area. Aircraft hangar, tiedown and services are available 365 days a year. Presently, leasable space is available for aeronautically-compatible businesses.
The Airport Administration building is located on Airport Road and can be reached at (941) 486-2711.